BETAFPV Micro RF TX module is based on the ExpressLRS project, an open-source RC link for RC applications. ExpressLRS aims to achieve the best possible link performance in both speeds, latency, and range. This makes ExpressLRS one of the fastest RC links available while still offering long-range performance.
ELRS 2.4G 1W Version
The black version with maximum 1W RF output power is released now. Support all 5D button dimensions based on BETAFPV ELRS V2.0.0 firmware. A new backpack function is added, allowing wireless communication between ExpressLRS, and other FPV related devices for command and control, or for querying config.
Note: Please make sure the VRX also supports backpack function when using the module VRX-backpack function. Backpack function will be added to the 500mW version in the future.
Compared with 500mW versions, it not only builds in a cooling fan but also the heat sink is included, which enhances the performance of cooling. So this module can work properly in daily use and not need to worry about temperature.
Below is the diagram for ELRS 2.4G 1W version. DIP switches will be added to 500mW versions in the future.
Note: Please assemble the antenna before power on. Otherwise, the PA chip in the Micro TX module will be damaged permanently.
Note: Please DO NOT use 3S or above battery to power up the TX module via XT30 port. Otherwise, the power supply chip in the TX module will be damaged permanently.
Note: Please do not turn on all DIP switches at the same time. You can refer to the chart to know about DIP switches on/off based on different uses.
|1-2 DIP switches
||3-4 DIP switches||5-6-7 DIP switches|
- Input Voltage: 5V ~ 12V
- XT30 Port: 5V ~ 12V, recommend 2S (8.4V) battery, DO NOT support 3S (12.6V) or above
- USB Port: Type-C
- Packet Refresh Rate: 50HZ. 150HZ, 250HZ, 500HZ
- RF Output Power: 25mW, 50mW, 250mW, 500mW, 1W
- Frequency Bands: 2.4GHz ISm
- Heat Sink: Included
- Backpack Function: Support
- 1 x BetaFPV ELRS Micro TX Module
- 1 x BetaFPV Moxon Antenna
- 1 x Micro TX Module user manual
- 1 x Spare USB data cable (Type-A to Type-C)
About the Firmware
The ExpressLRS official project on Github does NOT support the OLED function for the moment. BETAFPV team will work with the ELRS team and make the official repository support the OLED and button function ASAP.
BETAFPV Micro TX Module ELRS V2.0.0 firmware is published. The firmware does not include the Binding Phrase. So please make sure the receiver works on officially major release V2.0.0 protocol and no Binding Phrase set.
- Support 5D buttons and the OLED menu with the official ELRS 2.0.0 release.
- The color of the LED changes automatically according to the system status.
- Other new and various features are fully synchronized with the official ELRS 2.0.0.
- When entering OLED menus page with long pressing, the connection between RF TX module and receiver works normally. Please do not change the Pkt Rate, otherwise, you must re-power the receiver.
You could all use the ELRS official firmware V2.0-RC2 now, but lost the function of OLED and Joystick. We will work with the ELRS dev team and make the ELRS official firmware support the full function of the Micro TX Module. For the milestone, OLED will be supported in the V2.1 officially.
How do I set a binding phrase on this Micro TX module when the ELRS official mainstream does not support OLED yet?
First, download the source code of master-betafpv-oled-menu branch to local from Github.
Second, open the ExpressLRS Configurator and load the upzip source code from local. Select the target device "BETAFPV 900/2400 TX Micro". Now, you could setup your own binding phrase and other options as normal.
Third, build & flash.