Same awesome Crossfire, just without the Bluetooth module! If you don’t need to utilize the Bluetooth feature in the original Crossfire, this option is the best way to save some money while getting the same Crossfire technology as before.
The TBS CROSSFIRE is a long range R/C link based on the newest RF technology, capable of self-healing two-way communications and range beyond comprehension. With a sensitivity of -130dB, full RF-side diversity rather than just antenna-diversity, the features already implemented and the future upgrades to come make the TBS CROSSFIRE the only long range control link worthy of our times.
Remote control links, however, are tasked with much more than range. Telemetry, robustness against interference, connectivity with smart devices, ease of use and the overall finish are often overlooked to achieve the last bit of range. The end result is often strange behavior, lack of reliability, or simply things that were never envisioned and thus not possible. Let’s kiss those days goodbye, and move on to a brighter future :)
Developed By Experts
Team BlackSheep has been notorious for long range records, close-to-ground proximity flying in the Alps and deep urban operations. During our numerous missions all around the globe, we have gathered a list of requirements, and have found that no existing system can cover them all. So we set on a long and painful path to develop an RC link system entirely from scratch, put it through its paces for over a year to ensure top-notch reliability and state-of-the-art functionality.
Through the OLED Display on the transmitter, you can monitor the real-time location of your drone (TBS GPS or BlackBox with DJI Naza or APM-based GPS required). The up- and downlink status provide a feeling of safety, the configuration options through the OLED display do away with any PC-based configuration tools. The pulsing LED relays your link budget and link health in colorized form (green = keep going, orange = turn around). In case of a crash, the location of the drone is visible on the OLED as well. The built-in battery on the receiver turns it into a beacon automatically – and it will continue to transmit its last known location until the battery runs out.
It Just Works
Apart from unparalleled maximum range, the thing that we are most proud about on the TBS CROSSFIRE is that it just works. In the past, our question always was “could our R/C link keep up?”. Many missions were aborted, or lines weren’t flown, due to premature failure of the R/C link. Once we switched to the CROSSFIRE, all of these problems were gone. As long as we had video, we had control. And when the video was gone, we still had control – and telemetry. With the TBS CROSSFIRE comes peace of mind.
Telemetry / CRSF
As a modern R/C link, it has telemetry built in. Two-way communication opens up new possibilities. From updating your firmware, setting your video transmitter channel to adjusting flight control parameters such as PIDs. Adaptive bandwidth controls the speed of transmission or optimizes for ultimate range. CRSF is a proprietary TBS communication protocol between the Crossfire and R/C and Flight Control. It provides ultra-low latency with incredible bandwidth (3x faster, 6x more data than any comparable protocol!). With such tight integration, the TBS Crossfire is the logical choice for anyone flying Betaflight, KiSS or ArduPilot/Pixhawk platforms.
- Long range, adaptive and robust remote control system for your aircraft
- Immune to on-board noise
- Two-way communication link with real-time link vitals and telemetry
- Self-healing & frequency hopping (DSSS, FHSS)
- Adaptive bandwidth control and range optimization
- Serial Modem capable of transmitting serial protocols (up & downlink)
- RX beacon mode to recover your downed aircraft
- Super easy binding and configuration via built-in display
- Low latency, 150Hz update rate (3x faster than typical RC links) control for perfect immersive feeling
- Two receiver models: 8ch Diversity Rx, 4ch PPM/SBUS Mini-receiver (4g weight!)
- 8 or 12ch output via PPM/SBUS/CRSF on both receivers
- Ability to fly with multiple friends at the same time (10 or more)
- Selectable RF power from 10mW to 2W (local restrictions apply)
- Dedicated head-tracking input option for full FPV immersion
- Transmitter LED shows link health, OLED display for built in configuration
- Short-Range mobile connectivity telemetry output for smartphone apps
- Fully configurable by OpenTX and TBS TANGO remote using CRSF protocol
- CRSF protocol interface to Betaflight, Kiss and Raceflight FCs ( lower latency, higher update rate, telemetry support )
- Expansion port for future feature support
- Micro-receiver for smaller drones. Smaller than you think!
- Software updates via RF Link