RadioMaster TX12 2.4GHz Radio Transmitter
AVAILABILITY: In stock (8 items)
If you are looking for a compact and inexpensive radio that runs OpenTX, the TX12 from Radiomaster is your radio. At around two thirds the size of a traditional radio, with a removable antenna and folding carry handle, it's very compact and therefore an easy option to travel with. Despite it's smaller size, it's still comfortable to hold thanks to a well-designed casing, which incorporates handgrips.
The radio carries various switches, sliders and new for the T12, two momentary buttons which give you lots of options when it comes to programming the radio for your RC models.
Of course as with other Radiomaster radios, the key selling point of their radios is that they are multi-protocol. The T12 also has a multi-protocol RF module, but unlike the TX16S it has just one RF chip so supports fewer protocols. These include: Corona, Hitec, Futaba S-FHSS, Frsky D16/D8 (LBT or FCC), RadioLink and Graupner HoTT (note Spektrum protocols are not supported). While it a shame it doesn't have a full range of protocols, it supports the most commonly used ones, and benefits from a 1db increase in power compared with the same chip in the 4-in-1 module. This equates to around 12% extra range. Furthermore, there's a JR-Style external module bay in the back of the radio, so it could carry additional modules to support further protocols, such as TBS Crossfire.
Another great feature of this radio is its built-in charger. Simply connect to a USB source using the included cable - the status LED goes red to indicate charging, and goes off when it's complete. The USB port can also be used for data transfer with the Companion software, and for controlling a sim.Features
- Internal multi-protocol RF system
- Compatible with OpenTX
- Supports telemetry (protocol and receiver dependent)
- 16 model memories (can be expanded with SD card)
- Accepts JR/FrSky style modules
- Built in USB Charging
((!)) Note: This is a Mode 2 RadioMaster TX12. 18650 Batteries and SD Card are NOT included.
- Size: 170*159*108mm
- Weight: 363g
- Frequency: 2.400GHZ - 2.480GHZ
- RF Chip: Single-chip Multi-protocol(CC2500)
- Supported Protocols: Corona, Hitec, Futaba S-FHSS, Frsky D16/D8, RadioLink, Graupner HoTT*
- Transmitting Power: 20dbm
- Antenna Gain: 2db
- Working Current: 160mA@8.4V
- Voltage Range: 6.6-8.4v DC
- Range: > 2km @ 20dbm (depending on receiver)
- Radio Firmware: OpenTX (Transmitter)/ Multi-Module (RF module)
- Channels: Up to 16 (depending on receiver)
- Display: 128 * 64 Monochrome LCD display
- Gimbal: High precision potentiometer gimbals
- External module: JR/FrSKY/Crossfire compatible
- Upgrade Method: USB/SD card & OpenTX Companion PC software